Kava Yoga 300 Hours Teacher Training
2019 Training Dates
Philosophy book Club and Applied Anatomy represent 75 hours of the total 300 hours training.
The 2 remaining modules will be offered in 2020 & 2021. See below for 2019 dates:
Philosophy Book Club - At Kava we believe philosophy is best absorbed by reading the ancient texts, understanding the meaning and applying lessons to our every day modern lives.
September 8 & 15, Oct 5 & 27, Nov 10: 3:00-5:00pm Sunday (9/8 is a 3 hour session 3-6pm)
- Sessions are modeled around a book club format. Chapters will be pre-assigned and we will meet and discuss as a group. Led by lead trainer, Cindy Zackney, who always has discussion questions ready. Assigned book (about the Bhagavad Gita) is given to trainees as part of the Book Club fees.
Applied Anatomy - At Kava we believe anatomy is best taught assessing actual living bodies of actual yoga students in actual yoga postures. Trainees learn assessment techniques to broaden their support for private clientele as well as their group classes.
September 21 & 22: 2:00-6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday
- Observing the three planes (saggital, coronal and transverse) in actual people in actual yoga postures. Learn to identify & adjust.
September 28 & 29: 2:00-6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday
- Observe actual yoga student (#1). Design a custom sequence taking into account their individual needs. Review reading assignment.
October 12 & 13: 2:00-6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday
- Observe yoga student (#2) and 1-2 teacher training participants. Design a custom sequence taking into account individual needs. Discuss student #1 sequences as a group. Review reading assignment.
October 19 & 20: 2:00-6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday
- Observe actual yoga student (#3) and 1-2 teacher training participants. Discuss student #2 sequences as a group. Review reading assignment.
November 2 & 3: 2:00-6:00pm both Saturday and Sunday
- Teaching students with physical challenges and varying degrees of ability. Review family / friend observations.